Kemilia is a corporate associate in our global transactions group, based in London.
Kemilia joined the firm as a trainee in 2013 and qualified as a solicitor in 2015. Kemilia regularly acts for international corporations and private equity sponsors on cross-border acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and intra-group reorganisations across various sectors. Kemilia also provides corporate governance and general corporate law advice to corporate and institutional clients.
During her time at Freshfields, Kemilia has completed a secondment at Pearson plc; a FTSE 100-listed corporate client of the firm. Prior to joining Freshfields, Kemilia provided legal derivative risk consultancy services to investment banks.
Kemilia is a native English speaker and speaks Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese to intermediate level.back to tab navigation
Kemilia’s associate experience includes:
- Advising Pearson plc on the sale of its Global English business in China.
- Advising Host Hotels & Resorts on its sale of a European hotel portfolio.
- Advising Pearson plc on the sale of its Wall Street English business in China.
- Advising BT Group on its ongoing response to Ofcom’s strategic review of digital communications in relation to the Openreach division.
- Advising ArcLight Capital Partners on its acquisition of various North Sea oil and gas assets from Total.
- Advising InterContinental Hotels Group on its special dividend and share consolidation.
- Advising a syndicate of lenders on the restructuring and sale of Luvata Heat Transfer Solutions to Modine Manufacturing Company.
- Advising a private equity client on the re-domiciliation of one of its portfolio companies to the UK.
- Advising an NYSE listed client on its group restructuring prior to the sale of a UK subsidiary.
- Providing general corporate advisory assistance to international corporations.
- Undergraduate: King's College London, United Kingdom, LLB - Law
- Postgraduate: King's College London, United Kingdom, LLM - International Commercial Law
- Law School: BPP University of Law, United Kingdom, Accelerated Legal Practice Course