About Elizabeth Oberholzer
Elizabeth´s practice focuses on in- and outbound US/Continental Europe transactions. She has extensive experience advising both corporate and private equity clients on complex cross-border M&A deals. Elizabeth has particular expertise in the industries, tech and life sciences sectors and has practiced in both New York and Germany.
She speaks English, German, Dutch and Afrikaans
- Advising Flint Group on the carve out and sale of its XSYS Division, which specializes in the development and supply of printing plates, sleeves and adapters, and pre-press equipment for the packaging industry, to an affiliate of Lone Star Funds.
- Advising PepsiCo, Inc. on the Series B investment rounds in air up, a Germany-based startup developing water bottles with scent pods.
- Advising Catalent, the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies, development, and manufacturing solutions for drugs, biologics, cell and gene therapies and consumer health products, on its acquisition of RheinCell Therapeutics.
- Advising Cazoo, the leading UK online car retailer, on its acquisition of Cluno, Germany’s leading consumer car subscription platform.
- Advising Emerson Electric Co. on a strategic investment in inmation Software GmbH, a global software platform developer, based in Cologne, Germany.
- Advising Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. on the sale of its electronic securites business in Germany, India, Portugal, Singapore and Switzerland to Securitas AB.
- Advising Zurich-based gategroup on the acquisition of the European business of Lufthansa's catering subsidiary LSG Sky Chefs.
- Advising Knauf on the divestment of the mineral fibre tiles and grids for modular suspended ceilings business in Austria, Estonia, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Turkey and the UK it agreed to acquire from Armstrong in 2017, to Aurelius.
- Advising Cinven on the acquisition of Generali Lebensversicherung AG, a life insurer with c. 4 million policies and c. EUR 40 bn. of assets under management, in a transformational acquisition.
- Advising EQT Partners on the sale of its stake in Sportradar AG, the world’s leading supplier of sports and betting-related data, to a consortium consisting of CPPIB and TCV in transaction valuing Sportradar AG at EUR 2.1bn.
- Advising on the merger of Sivantos Pte. Ltd. and Widex A/S, creating a global hearing aid leader in a transaction valuing the merged businesses at EUR 7 bn.
- Advising Honeywell on the acquisition of Elster, a maker of metering devices, for €4.7bn; and the divestment of its friction materials business to Federal Mogul Corporation.
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa (LL.B.)
- Leiden Law School, the Netherlands (Advanced LL.M.)
- Attorney-at-law in the State of New York
- Advocate of the High Court of South Africa