About Sue Ng
Sue Ng is an associate in our Vienna office and a member of the firm's dispute resolution practice group.
Sue is admitted as a Solicitor-Advocate in England and Wales, and as an Attorney in the State of New York. She is admitted as a Fellow to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb) and further certified as a HKIAC Tribunal Secretary.
Sue's practice focuses on international dispute resolution and public international law. She advises and represents a range of clients across different industries and jurisdictions on various dispute resolution mechanisms, including in relation to commercial and investor-state arbitrations. Sue has further experience with ad-hoc and institutional arbitration, including under the DIS, ICC, ICSID, LCIA, and UNCITRAL Rules.
Sue is currently a member of the Europe Sub-Committee of the Campaign for Greener Arbitrations, as well as a Group Advisor for the Young ICCA Mentorship Programme 2023-2024. She is also serving as an Assistant Editor at the Kluwer Arbitration Blog.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Sue worked at law firms in the Netherlands and London and at the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Hong Kong where she assisted with the case management of arbitration proceedings and the scrutiny of arbitral awards. She was also employed by the Singapore Government to work on public international law matters and policies including in relation to the United Nations and other international organisations.
Sue regularly presents and publishes on topics of international dispute resolution and public international law.
She also speaks English, Chinese (Mandarin) and has intermediate proficiency in Japanese.
- The Hague Academy of International Law (Directed Studies on Public and Private International Law)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LLM, Specialisation in International Dispute Resolution)
- University College London (LLB)
- Admitted to practice in England and Wales (Solicitor-Advocate)
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York (Attorney at law)
- Fellow to the Chartered Institute of Arbitrator (FCIArb)
- HKIAC Tribunal Secretary
- Assistant Editor at the Kluwer Arbitration Blog
- Member of the Europe Sub-Committee of the Campaign for Greener Arbitrations
- Group Advisor for the Young ICCA Mentorship Programme 2023-2024