James is a Global Transactions lawyer specialising in Corporate law and is based in our Tokyo office. He is qualified in England & Wales and has also worked in our London and Abu Dhabi offices.
He has more than 10 years of extensive experience in private and public M&A, joint ventures, investments and exits, restructurings and complex commercial agreements. He has advised on a range of transactions in Asia, the Middle East and Europe, covering various industry sectors for clients including multinational corporations, global financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds and state-owned enterprises.
James speaks fluent Japanese, having lived in Japan for most of his career.back to tab navigation
- Advising well-known financial institutions on their investments in private and public global entities.
- Advising a multinational manufacturing company on one of the largest buyouts that year (US$4.5 billion).
- Advising a global manufacturing company on the sale of its shares in a tech JV for approximately US$1 billion.
- Advising an automotive company on the acquisition of its distributor in Turkey.
- Advising a listed US pharmaceutical company on the disposal of its Japan-based manufacturing facilities.
- Advising Al Hilal Bank on a three-way merger with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank and Union National Bank, creating the third largest bank in the UAE, with total assets of US$114 billion.
- Advising several entities on their proposed IPOs.
- Keble College, University of Oxford, UK (BA; MA (Oxon), English Language and Literature).
- Nottingham Law School, UK (Graduate Diploma in Law and Diploma in Legal Practice).
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.