About Umraan Naeem
Umraan is a Dubai-based associate specialising in M&A, private equity, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
He acts for a range of corporate and private equity (both sponsors and management) clients across various sectors.
A sample of Umraan’s recent experience includes advising:
- Advising Cerberus and Olive Rock on their acquisition of a stake in UE Medical, the operator of 21 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the GCC.
- Advising a group of financial investors on their acquisition of an equity stake in a financial services business in Egypt.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of K-12 private education.
- CareTech Holdings on its acquisition of a majority stake in the AS Group, a market leader in the private mental health outpatient market. The transaction marks CareTech’s first major investment in the GCC region and is being funded by way of cash and consideration shares.
- Nas United Healthcare on the acquisition of the entire share capital of Neuron.
- *The management team of Cognita on its sale by Bregal Investments and KKR to Jacobs Holding.
- *Keyhaven Capital Partners in respect of an equity investment by Aleph Capital Partners and Crestview Partners into the Darag Group.
- *Glendower Capital on the acquisition of an LP interest in a fund.
- *Alchemy Partners in respect of various portfolio company matters.
- *PKA and PFA in respect of their acquisition of a joint 50 per cent interest in the Walney Extension Offshore Wind Farm.
- *Early Power Limited as project company in relation to a 400MW LPG power project in Ghana.
- *European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in respect of the development and financing of the Al Safawi Solar PV Project in Jordan.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- The University of Law, London - Legal Practice Course (2014-2015)
- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London - LLB Law (2011-2014)
- Qualified as Solicitor in England & Wales