“An excellent lawyer who exudes confidence.”
Rafael has broad general commercial expertise, focusing on contractual disputes, product liability, public law and arbitration.
He has worked on refinancing, out of court restructurings and insolvency proceedings. He is an expert on regulatory issues and administrative disputes with the Spanish authorities advising on a broad range of matters governed by Spanish public law.
He regularly acts for major financial institutions and investment banks, on contentious and non-contentious matters, as well as major national and international companies in the pharmaceutical, media and energy sectors.
He is a member of the firm’s financial institutions disputes group.
Rafael speaks English and Spanish.back to tab navigation
- Advising Reyal Urbis in the context of its €4.2bn insolvency.
- Advising Hewlett Packard on a complex antitrust complaint against Oracle before the Spanish competition authorities (CNMC) and the follow-up litigation, in connection with an abuse of dominance position by Oracle against Hewlett Packard, in the fast-moving technology markets.
- Successfully representing a major international investment bank on Spanish derivatives litigation, in relation to a €150m claim filed by the holding company of one of the major media groups in Spain.
- Advising major financial institutions in relation to precautionary measures granted by two commercial courts in Madrid, leading the insolvency of two major shareholders of a well-known French listed company.
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Spain (law)
- Member of the Madrid Bar
Paseo de la Castellana, 95
T +34 91 700 3700
F +34 91 308 4636 email@example.com
According to sources Rafael Murillo is ‘an excellent lawyer who exudes confidence.’ His practice covers contractual disputes, arbitration and product liability.
Rafael Murillo is listed as an expert lawyer in Dispute Resolution