About Aurélie Morreale
Aurélie is a principal associate in our Brussels antitrust, competition and trade team.
Her practice focuses on all aspects of EU and Belgian competition law, including State aid, merger control and antitrust investigations.
Aurélie has extensive experience in advising clients on complex EU and multi-jurisdictional merger control cases. She also represents clients before the EU courts and on State aid and antitrust procedures.
She has particular experience in the transport sector, as well as regulated sectors such as energy and TMT.
Aurélie first joined the firm in 2014. She also has more than two years’ experience as a case handler in the European Commission’s DG Competition, where she specialised in the regulation of State aid in the transport sector, including investigating notifications and complaints, participating in court cases and contributing to the development of State aid rules.
She speaks English, Dutch and French.
- Solvay on the €1.6bn sale of its global polyamide business to a European multinational company, which required regulatory clearances in multiple jurisdictions around the world including an in-depth Phase II remedies investigation by the European Commission.
- Liberty Global’s subsidiary Telenet on the competition law aspects of its headline $1.3bn ‘fixed-to-mobile’ acquisition of Belgium’s third-largest mobile network operator, BASE.
- Aon in relation to the European Commission’s review of its $29.9bn merger with Willis Towers Watson.
- London Stock Exchange Group on the EU merger control aspects of its multibillion acquisition of Refinitiv, a global provider of financial markets data and infrastructure.
- AES Electric on the compatibility with EU State aid rules of a long-term power purchase agreement concluded with the Bulgarian national electricity company.
- Immoweb, the Belgian property portal, in its successful defence of an abuse of dominance complaint before Belgium's competition authority relating to alleged 'most favoured nation' clauses in contracts with software providers.
- Brussels Bar: 2015
- LL.M. of European Law, College of Europe (Bruges): 2013
- Master of law, University of Liege: 2012