About Bosco Montejo
Bosco has experience in cross-border transactions, structured finance, real estate transactions and group restructurings.
He advises corporates and private equity investment groups on their investments in Spain. He also has experience advising investment banks and financial institutions on structured finance transactions, including regulatory capital and balance sheet management for financial entities.
Bosco speaks Spanish and English.
- Advising Fresenius and its subsidiary Helios Kliniken on the €5.7bn acquisition of Quirónsalud from CVC.
- Advising Barclays Bank: on the transfer of the Spanish and Portuguese Barclaycard (credit card) business held by Barclays Bank through its Spanish and Portuguese branches to Bancopopular-e; on the transfer of the Spanish insurance and pension plans portfolio held by Barclays Vida y Pensiones (wholly owned by Barclays Bank) to VidaCaixa, de Seguros y Reaseguros; on its multisector Portuguese disposal programme to Bankinter for €175m; and on the sale of its banking business in Spain to CaixaBank for €800m.
- Advising Hispania Activos Inmobiliarios: on its €550m admission to listing on the Spanish stock exchange; on the creation of a joint venture with Barceló, BAY Hotels & Leisure; and on its capital increases for €230m and €337m.
- Advising a pool of Spanish banks on the restructuring of Pescanova’s financial indebtedness for €3.3bn.
- Providing tax advice in relation to a number of high-profile bond issuances for major Spanish listed companies, including Repsol, Iberdrola, Amadeus IT Group, Inmobiliaria Colonial and Merlín Properties SOCIMI, and non-listed companies such as Metrovacesa, including in relation to the establishment and annual updates of their euro medium-term note programmes.
- Universidad de Deusto, Bilbao, Spain (degree in law; private diploma in economics and business studies)
- Centro de Estudios Financieros, Spain (master's degree in tax advice)