David is a senior tax associate based in the New York office.
His practice focuses on tax issues related to cross-border M&A, structured finance, capital markets and financial products transactions. David also advises non-US financial institutions on US tax compliance matters, including the Department of Justice’s settlement program for Swiss banks, and works with the firm’s dispute resolution lawyers on global investigations involving US tax issues.
David speaks English and French.back to tab navigation
- Advising EQT on the US tax due diligence and structuring of its 2019 purchase of Igenomix and advised EQT on its 2021 €1.25bn sale of Igenomix.
- Advising Cazoo on its pending $7 billion business combination with US SPAC AJAX I, including a concurrent $800 million PIPE.
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39bn acquisition of Alexion.
- Advising KLX Inc. on the $4.2bn sale of its aviation parts and services business to the Boeing Co. and the spinoff of its energy services business.
- Advising International General Insurance Holdings Ltd., a private Dubai-based insurance company, in its merger with Tiberius Acquisition Corporation, a Nasdaq-listed US special purpose acquisition company.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv from a consortium including Blackstone, CPPIB, GIC and Thomson Reuters.
- Advising CarLotz, Inc., a leading business-to-business consignment-to-retail used vehicle marketplace, in its business combination with Acamar Partners Acquisition Corp., a SPAC.
- Advising Li-Cycle on its $1.67bn business combination with SPAC Peridot Acquisition Corp., including a concurrent $315m PIPE (pending).
- Advising Clever Leaves, a large-scale pharmaceutical-grade multi-national cannabis operator, in its business combination with SPAC Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- Advising Barings funds as the lead investor in Party City’s exchange offer and consent solicitation.
- Advising BASF SE and BASF Corporation on their $8.6bn acquisition of significant components of Bayer AG’s global seed, seed coating, pesticide and non-selective herbicide businesses.
- Advising Henderson Group on its $6bn all-stock merger of equals with Janus Capital to form Janus Henderson Global Investors, a leading global active asset manager with assets under management of more than $320bn. This transaction was named “Tax Deal of the Year” by IFLR in 2018.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group plc on its $685m acquisition of The Yield Book and Citi Fixed Income Indices from Citigroup Inc.
- JD, LLM - Taxation, New York University School of Law School.
- LLB, Osgoode Hall York University, Ontario, Canada.
- BMath, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
- David is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022