Chris Milliken is an English-qualified lawyer in our Ho Chi Minh City office. Chris has a broad corporate and finance practice, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, financing and capital markets transactions, both in Vietnam and in Asia more generally.
Prior to joining Freshfields Vietnam, Chris trained and practised at another Magic Circle firm in London and Hong Kong. Chris qualified as a solicitor in September 2014.
Chris has taken lead roles on a number of high-profile transactions in Vietnam.back to tab navigation
- Warburg Pincus on its US$370m pre-IPO investment in Techcombank, one of the largest commercial banks in Vietnam.
- Mekong Capital on its investments in and divestments from various local companies in the consumer goods sector.
- A U.S. investment bank on the restructuring and further investment in a Vietnamese mobile money company.
- A private equity fund on its acquisition of a stake in a large Vietnamese flower and plant distributor.
- A private equity fund on its acquisition of a restaurant chain operator which operates 190 restaurants in major cities in Vietnam.
- A UK multinational school investor on its acquisition of international schools in Vietnam.
- Graduated from Christ’s College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at BPP Law School, London.
- Registered as a foreign legal practitioner with the Vietnamese Ministry of Justice.
- Board member of British Business Group Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City1101-1103, Saigon Tower
29 Le Duan Boulevard
T +84 28 35210266
F +84 28 38226690