Saad is an M&A lawyer with more than 10 years of experience focussing on advising financial sponsors and strategic investors on acquisitions, disposals, co-investments and reorganisations.
He is admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales. Prior to joining Freshfields, Saad practised at Latham and Watkins in London.back to tab navigation
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of K-12 private education.
- Mumtalakat, the sovereign wealth fund of Bahrain, on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in Premo Group, a leading manufacturer of customised passive electromagnetic components for applications in the automative, telecommunication and electronic industries.
- Invest Bank PSC on the acquisition by the Government of Sharjah of a majority stake by way of a strategic investment.
- A consortium of financial investors in National Petroleum Services (including Fajr Capital, Waha Capital, APICORP and Al Nowais Investments), one of the largest regionally owned oilfield service companies, on the sale of National Petroleum Services to National Energy Services Reunited Corp., a special purpose acquisition vehicle (SPAC) listed on NASDAQ.
- The Abraaj Group on its acquisition of:
- the Java House Group, the largest casual dining/food services chain in East Africa; and
- a minority stake in Indorama Fertilizers B.V., the largest urea fertilizer manufacturer in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd, the sovereign wealth fund of Malaysia, on its acquisition of a minority stake in GEMS Education.
- Gulf Capital on the disposal of Reach Employment Services, a leading provider of employees’ recruitment and outsourcing services, in a structured management buy-out.
- HSE24 (a portfolio company of Providence) on its joint venture with Middle East Broadcasting Center (MBC) to establish a home shopping business in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- *Equate Petrochemical (Kuwait) on the US$3.2bn acquisition of MEGlobal, an ethylene glycol producing joint venture between Dow Chemical and Petrochemical Industries Co (Kuwait).
- *A Middle-East based sovereign wealth fund in connection with its joint acquisition of a majority interest in a luxury body and home products brand with stores in North America, Europe and Asia.
- *Survitec Group Limited (a portfolio company of Onex) on its acquisition of the maritime safety business of Wilhelmsen.
- * Onex on the EUR3.75bn acquisition of SIG Combibloc, a producer of aseptic packaging; the largest leveraged buy-out in Europe in 2014.
- *The controlling shareholders of TI Automotive on the disposal of their shareholding to Bain Capital for US$2.4bn.
- *Onex on its acquisition of the Survitec Group from Warburg Pincus for US$680m.
- *Georgia Pacific on the EUR1.32bn disposal of its European tissue business to SCA.
- *Great Hill Partners on the management buy-out of Cheapflights/Momondo.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfieldsback to tab navigation
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law London, 2007
- BA (Hons) Law, University of Cambridge, 2006
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2009
DubaiAl Fattan Currency Tower 2,
20th floor, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai
T +971 4 5099 100
F +971 4 5099 111
IFLR Middle East Awards 2016: M&A Team of the Year