About Saad Mian
Saad is an M&A lawyer with over 15 years of experience advising financial sponsors and strategic investors on acquisitions, disposals, co-investments and reorganisations.
He is admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales. Prior to joining Freshfields, Saad practised at Latham and Watkins in London.
- Advising sovereign wealth funds on a number of their investments in Asia, Europe and the UK.
- Dubai Holding on the sale of its shareholding in Dubai Creek Harbour to Emaar Properties for consideration of c. US$2 billion.
- Apis, Development Partners International and Lorax on:
- the purchase of their minority stake in MNT, the holding company for Mashroey and Tasaheel (the market leaders in the consumer finance and microfinance sectors in Egypt), as well as Halan, the leading ride hailing app in Egypt; and
- the purchase by Chimera Investment of a minority stake in MNT-Halan.
- The shareholders of Alcazar Energy (including IFC and Mubadala Infrastructure Partners) on the sale of Alcazar Energy (the leading renewable platform in MENA with a production capacity in excess of 400MW) to a consortium led by China Three Gorges;
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in GEMS Education, the world’s largest provider of K-12 private education.
- Mumtalakat, the sovereign wealth fund of Bahrain, on its acquisition of a significant minority stake in Premo Group, a leading manufacturer of customised passive electromagnetic components for applications in the automative, telecommunication and electronic industries.
- A consortium of financial investors in National Petroleum Services, one of the largest regionally owned oilfield service companies, on the sale of National Petroleum Services to National Energy Services Reunited Corp., a special purpose acquisition vehicle (SPAC) listed on NASDAQ.
- A financial investor on its acquisition of:
- the Java House Group, the largest casual dining/food services chain in East Africa; and
- a minority stake in Indorama Fertilizers B.V., the largest urea fertilizer manufacturer in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Khazanah Nasional Bhd, the sovereign wealth fund of Malaysia, on its acquisition of a minority stake in GEMS Education.
- *Equate Petrochemical (Kuwait) on the US$3.2bn acquisition of MEGlobal, an ethylene glycol producing joint venture between Dow Chemical and Petrochemical Industries Co (Kuwait).
- *A Middle-East based sovereign wealth fund in connection with its joint acquisition of a majority interest in a luxury body and home products brand with stores in North America, Europe and Asia.
- *Survitec Group Limited (a portfolio company of Onex) on its acquisition of the maritime safety business of Wilhelmsen.
- * Onex on the EUR3.75bn acquisition of SIG Combibloc, a producer of aseptic packaging; the largest leveraged buy-out in Europe in 2014.
- *The controlling shareholders of TI Automotive on the disposal of their shareholding to Bain Capital for US$2.4bn.
- *Onex on its acquisition of the Survitec Group from Warburg Pincus for US$680m.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law London, 2007
- BA (Hons) Law, University of Cambridge, 2006
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales, 2009