About María Mera
María advises major investment banks and financial institutions on tax led and consultancy work, financial products, equities and derivatives markets. She also advises on a broad range of transactions, including corporate cross-border transactions, structured finance, real estate investments as well as tax litigation and investigations.
A native Spanish speaker, María is also fluent in English.
- Advising Siemens Energy on takeover bid for Siemens Gamesa. Read more about the deal in our news article.
- Advising the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) and its members on the Spanish Financial Transaction Tax and on the drafting of the Equities Indemnity Protocol.
- Advising Credit Suisse group on the transfer of its broker dealer business into Spain in the context of Brexit.
- Advising CPP Investment Board on the acquisition of several NPLs portfolios from Banco Sabadell, BBVA and Banco Santander, including through the issuance of mortgage participations and mortgage transfer certificates.
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising CPP Investment Board on the initial investment and subsequent rollover of its investment in Dorna Sports, a Spanish sports management company that possesses exclusive rights to promote and manage MotoGP and the Superbike World Championships.
- Law and Business Administration degree from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE – E3).
- Coach at the Master of Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad de Navarra.