About Alexander McGregor
Alex advises on a wide range of commercial disputes and contentious regulatory matters in different sectors.
He has a particular focus on ESG litigation and product liability issues. Alex has acted on cross-border disputes and regulatory investigations for clients across the energy and resources, manufacturing, and healthcare sectors.
Since joining the firm in 2011, Alex has spent time on secondment to one of the world’s largest energy companies, a major consumer goods client and a multinational metals and mining corporation. He is a qualified solicitor in England & Wales and is admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia. Alex has an LL.M. in environmental, product and regulatory law.
- Acting for multinational automotive manufacturers in relation to regulatory issues and civil proceedings arising from diesel emissions compliance.
- Advising a multinational metals and mining company regarding climate change litigation.
- Acting for a mining company in relation to ESG issues related to the responsible sourcing of gold.
- Acting for a big six utility responding to allegations of failure to disclose inside information and excessive pricing during periods of transmission constraint.
- Successfully defending a manufacturing conglomerate in English High Court product and environmental litigation.
- Acting for a global food corporation challenging jurisdiction in the English High Court in relation to a cartel follow on damages claim.
- Acting for a major software company in respect of the UK Competition and Markets Authority's 'loyalty penalty' investigation.
- Successfully defending one of the world's largest energy companies in English High Court litigation proceedings brought by a group of Colombian landowners, claiming for environmental damage to their properties allegedly caused by the construction of an oil pipeline.
- Responding to various regulatory investigations brought by the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Acting for a major UK retailer in an ICC arbitration relating to deceit and breach of warranty claims.
- Advising on product liability class actions in Canada and Israel.