About Meytal McCoy
Meytal McCoy is special counsel in the Antitrust, Competition, and Trade practice, based in Washington, DC. Meytal is a specialist focusing on advising clients on how to navigate the intricate regulatory web of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act. Meytal is an experienced business counselor, who has been guiding clients through the US merger control process for more than decade, including representing clients before the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Antitrust Division of the US Department of Justice (DOJ), and state attorneys general.
In addition to counseling on the US merger control process, Meytal also has extensive experience assisting clients with multi-national merger control issues, including managing complex transactions requiring filings in multiple jurisdictions. Meytal has worked with clients in a wide variety of industries, including consumer goods, manufacturing, health care and life sciences, financial services, and private equity/financial sponsors.
- Coupa on its pending $8 billion sale to Thoma Bravo
- CDPQ on $1bn commitment to Invernegy Renewables LLC, the largest private developer, owner, and operator of wind and solar projects in North America
- Various sovereign wealth funds on global investments
- A leading global financial sponsor firm on multiple acquisitions of portfolio entities
- London Stock Exchange Group on acquisition of MayStreet, Inc.
- Aeroclean, an air hygiene technology company, in all-stock merger with Molekule, Inc., a manufacturer of premium air purifiers
- eBay in acquisition of TCGplayer
- CarLotz, a leading consignment-to-retail used vehicle marketplace, in sale to Shift Technologies, Inc., a leading end-to-end used vehicle ecommerce platform, in a stock-for-stock transaction
- Zymergen on its sale to Ginkgo Bioworks, representing the first-ever sale of a publicly-listed public benefit corporation
- PGGM, a Dutch asset manager, on minority acquisition in SUEZ Water Resources, Inc.
- Major US car manufacturer in global joint venture for electric car batteries
- Restaurant company in acquisition of US-based casual eatery chain
- One of world’s largest consumer products companies in multiple acquisitions and divestitures, including acquisition of OTC pharmaceutical company, acquisition of branded pharmaceutical company, and divestitures of significant US assets and businesses
- Software company on $1.5bn divestiture of international business
- Financial services platform business on multiple acquisitions
- JD, American University, Cum Laude
- Articles Editor, American University International Law Review
- BA, The George Washington University, Cum Laude
- District of Columbia