“Recognized as a 'Rising Star'”
Rob is Of counsel, focusing on commercial civil litigation, arbitration and investigations.
Rob has represented a variety of domestic and multinational corporates and financial institutions, as well as individuals, in disputes before US state and federal courts, arbitral tribunals and foreign courts, and has handled enforcement proceedings involving ICSID, ICC and FINRA arbitration awards. He has also worked on a range of multi-jurisdictional criminal and regulatory investigations initiated by authorities across the United States, Europe and Asia.back to tab navigation
- Highland CDO Opportunity Master Fund, L.P. v. Citibank, N.A., No. 12 Civ. 2827 (NRB), 2016 WL 1267781 (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 30, 2016). Obtained summary judgment dismissing substantially all claims concerning pricing of derivative securities.
- Bluewaters Communications Holding, LLC v. Ecclestone, No. 653965/2012, 2014 WL 220779 (Sup. Ct., N.Y. County Jan. 16, 2014), aff’d, 122 A.D.3d 426 (1st Dep’t 2014). Obtained dismissal on forum non conveniens and personal jurisdiction grounds.
- Bear Stearns & Co. v. Int’l Capital & Mgmt. Co., 32 Misc. 3d 607, 926 N.Y.S.2d 826 (Sup. Ct., N.Y. County 2011), aff’d, 99 A.D.3d 402 (1st Dep’t 2012). Confirming arbitration award dismissing all claims arising out of the collapse of hedge funds.
- Representing a mining company in proceedings to confirm a $1bn ICSID (Additional Facility) award under the New York Convention.
- Representing a global financial institution in investigations by the Department of Justice, CFTC, FCA, NYS Department of Financial Services and other regulators into alleged manipulation and collusion in foreign exchange markets.
- Master of Laws, first-class honors, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Bachelor of Laws, first-class honors, University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Attorney, State of New York (2008).
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2004).
- Legal practitioner, New South Wales, Australia (2000).
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022
T +1 212 284 4910
F +1 646 521 5710