Giovanni is a senior associate in our dispute resolution group based in Milan. He has more than 15 years of experience in working on complex financial and commercial disputes, often involving different jurisdictions.
Giovanni has a strong background in the field of financial disputes, having assisted international banks and financial institutions on disputes stemming from: the provision of investment services to professional or retail clients in relation to the sale of a variety of financial products; the liability of the lender in relation to financing agreements; the liability of the bank in relation to the unlawful behaviour of its employees in the provision of investment services to the clients; the challenge of sanctions imposed by the Italian financial markets’ regulator in relation to market abuse allegations.
Over the course of his career, Giovanni has assisted international clients in complex and high value disputes across a broad range of matters and sectors including: the manufacturing and distribution of medical devices; the building, maintaining and managing of power plants; estate planning, trusts and corporate reorganization; the breach of commercial agreements and civil liability matters in general.
He speaks Italian and English.back to tab navigation
- Assisting the heirs of a prominent enterpreneurial family in a dispute over the majority stake held in a multinational company through a complex structure involving trusts and intermediate companies based in three different jurisdictions.
- Assisting a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets in the interim proceedings brought against an Italian company active in the secondary market with the aim of collecting evidence of the unlawful acquisition by the latter of the trade secrets of the client (particularly technical drawings of engine components) and obtaining an order of injunction to stop the defendant selling products manufactured through the exploitation of the stolen trade secrets.
- Assisting a Malaysian company part of an international manufacturing group in the proceedings for the recognition and enforcement in Italy of an ICC arbitration award rendered in Singapore against a multinational Italian company active in the steel sector. The case has been dealt in close cooperation with the lawyers acting for the client in the proceedings commenced by the opposite party in Singapore, for the setting aside of the award, and in Malaysia, for obtaining an order of inspection of the plant that was the subject matter of the arbitration.
- Providing assistance to an international manufacturer and distributor of hip orthopaedic prostheses with respect to the claims raised by a number of patients in Italy on the grounds that the prostheses would be defective.
- University of Pavia (Law, JD)
- Avvocato (member of the Italian Bar). Admitted to the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation and the highest courts.
MilanVia dei Giardini 7
T +39 02 625 301
F +39 02 625 30800