Avocat à la cour, Florent is a corporate partner in Freshfields' global transactions practice and a member of our global financial investors group.
He focuses on major private equity transactions and other corporate transactions in relation to both public and private M&A deals as well as in relation to corporate governance issues and the setting up of strategic partnerships and joint-venture agreements.
Florent is fluent in both French and English.
- Advising The Carlyle Group, a leading private equity fund, on its $3.2bn acquisition of Atotech from Total, the French integrated oil and gas company.
- Advising EDF on: the acquisition of a majority stake in Areva NP’s business; and the governance aspects of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power project in Somerset, UK.
- Advising Engie on the acquisition of French solar park developer Solairedirect.
- Advising Hutchison Whampoa and Cheung Kong Property on the French aspects of their $24bn reorganisation and spin-off.
- Advising Holcim on the €6.5bn divestment of assets, together with Lafarge, to CRH (involving businesses in France, Brazil, Canada, Hungary, Serbia, Slovakia, Germany, Romania, the UK and the Philippines) with a view to getting the necessary approvals to finalise the Lafarge-Holcim merger from the relevant competition authorities across the globe.
- Université Paris II - Panthéon-Assas, France (DEA in business law)
- Harvard Law School, US (LLM)
Paris2 rue Paul Cézanne
T +33 1 44 56 44 56
F +33 1 44 56 44 00