About Dr. Ilka Oberländer
Ilka's practice focuses on all aspects of German and European competition law, with a focus on merger control, cartel proceedings and compliance. Ilka also advises on German foreign investment law.
Ilka has particular experience with EU and multi-jurisdictional merger analysis and complex joint ventures and cooperations in the automotive and technology, media and telecoms (TMT) sectors.
Ilka speaks German, English and Spanish.
- Advising Volkswagen AG in its $2.6 billion co-investment with Ford Motor Co. in Argo AI, an autonomous vehicles company based in the US
- Advising Liberty Global on the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for a total enterprise value of approximately €19bn
- Advising two large European media houses on their joint online and print advertising cooperation
- University of Freiburg, Germany (Dr iur)
- Institute of European Studies, Free University of Brussels, Belgium (LLM in European Law and European Competition Law)
- University of Passau / Humboldt University of Berlin (German State Exam in Law)
- Complutense University of Madrid