About Dr. Roman Mallmann
Roman represents clients in a wide range of litigation and arbitration matters.
Roman has over 20 years experience in international commercial litigation and arbitration. Over the last decade, he has gained vast experience and specialises in defending clients against follow-on cartel damage claims. His workload further includes post-M&A disputes, mass litigation and strategic advice in corporate crisis scenarios.
Roman has strong commercial acumen and an effective, solution-orientated approach. His clients come from a number of sectors including tech, energy, retail, transport and infrastructure.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Defending clients in and out of court against cartel damage claims following decisions by the EU Commission or the German Federal Cartel Office in the areas of sugar, trucks, power transformers, gas-insulated switches, car parts, mail services, chocolate, pet-food, drugstore articles and DRAM.
- Defending a US private equity investor against arrest proceedings before the German state courts (€380m)
- Representing a European provider of satellite capacities in an ad hoc arbitration and parallel state court proceedings regarding allegations of breach of contract (€85m)
- Defending a UK life insurer in one of the largest mass claims cases in Germany against customers alleging contractual and misselling claims.
- Representing a major European energy provider in a DIS arbitration relating to a joint venture involving claims for unjust enrichment and adaptation of contract (€250m)
- Universities of Giessen, Geneva and Cologne (Dr. jur)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany