Ethan is a senior associate in our capital markets group.
His practice focuses on representing issuers and underwriters in connection with equity and debt capital markets transactions. Ethan has experience advising on transactions in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa. He also advises clients on a range of US Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations.
In 2017/18, Ethan was seconded for six months to the Equity Capital Markets Execution team at a major US investment bank where he gained valuable commercial insight.
Ethan is dual-qualified in New York and England & Wales.back to tab navigation
Recent initial public offerings
- Advising Goldman Sachs Asset Management and Petershill Partners on the 2021 London IPO of Petershill Partners.
- Advising Allfunds and Hellman & Friedman on the 2021 IPO of Allfunds on Euronext Amsterdam.
- Advising Deutsche Bahn and Arriva on the proposed dual-track sale and IPO of Arriva in 2019.
Recent follow-on equity offerings
- Advising Hellman & Friedman in connection with the September 2021 sell-down of Allfunds shares, raising approximately €880 million for the sellers.
- Advising Esken (formerly Stobart Group) on its £55 million placing and open offer and firm placing in 2021 and its £100 million placing and open offer and firm placing in 2020.
- Advising Aston Martin Lagonda on its £125 million placing and strategic cooperation with Mercedes-Benz announced in October 2020 and its £535 million placing and rights issue announced in February 2020.
Recent M&A experience
- Advising AstraZeneca on its $39 billion acquisition of Alexion.
- Advising Nets and Hellman & Friedman on Nets’ €7.8 billion merger with Nexi.
- Advising SSE on its proposal to demerge and combine its retail energy business with Npower.
- Advising BT on its £12.5 billion acquisition of EE.
- Georgetown University Law Center, US (JD)
- Vassar College, US (BA)
- Attorney-at-Law, New York
- Solicitor, England & Wales
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7716 4295
F +44 20 7832 7001