“Our Brussels team is made up of highly talented and great people to work with”
Vincent is the managing partner of the Brussels office and heads the firm's corporate group in Belgium.
He is a leading M&A lawyer who specialises in public and private M&A transactions, and equity and debt capital markets operations.
Vincent advises Belgian and international corporate clients across a number of sectors, as well as financial investors on public takeovers, private acquisitions, privatisations and joint ventures, in Belgium and abroad.
Over the years, Vincent has developed a strong relationship with his clients, who come to him for boardroom advice and assistance in the early stage of strategic projects. His negotiation skills and expertise in leading and co-ordinating complex deals are second to none.
Vincent works hand in hand with the finance, competition and tax teams in Brussels. Thanks to his extensive experience in multijurisdictional matters, he is in regular contact with the broad network of lawyers at Freshfields and around the world.
Vincent is fluent in French, Dutch and English.back to tab navigation
- Advising Anheuser-Busch InBev on the spin-off and initial public offering of its Asia-Pacific subsidiary, Budweiser Brewing Co. APAC Ltd., on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advising Anheuser-Busch InBev on its acquisition of SABMiller for €92bn through a complex three-step transaction consisting of a scheme of arrangement in the UK, a Belgian takeover bid and a reverse merger under Belgian law whereby a new Belgian top company leads the combined group, with listings on Euronext Brussels, and the New York, Johannesburg and Mexico stock exchanges. Read more about the deal in our case study.
- Advising BHF Kleinwort Benson Group and its board of directors on its response to the voluntary public takeover bid for the company launched by Fosun, and the subsequent counterbid made by Oddo for €757m.
- Advising Viohalco, a major Greek industrial group, on several corporate reorganisations involving complex and innovative techniques. It included several cross-border mergers and the IPOs of two new holding entities on Euronext Brussels and the Athens stock exchange.
- Advising Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on the acquisition of a 39 per cent stake in Belgian car parking operator Interparking from AG Real Estate for €376m.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition and on the subsequent sale of Betafence (now Praesidiad), the Belgium-based world leader in fencing solutions, access control and detection for perimeter protection.
- Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
- Georgetown University, US (LLM)
- Brussels Bar
Place du Champ de Mars/Marsveldplein 5
T +32 2 504 7000
F +32 2 504 7200 email@example.com
Vincent Macq is highly regarded by peers in the Belgian market for his strong corporate nous, as well as his work on a range of transactions including M&A, private equity and capital markets
Sources say that 'he should be praised for what he has achieved in the corporate market recently' and described as a 'very strong lawyer'
Leading lawyer in M&A
Vincent Macq is 'an outstanding M&A lawyer'
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate governance
- Equity capital markets
- General corporate
- Joint ventures
- Listed companies
- Private equity and other financial investors
- Private M&A
- Financing and capital markets
- Real estate
- Debt capital markets
- IPO and other emissions
- Private equity
- Special situations
- Corporate real estate
- Energy and natural resources
- Financial institutions
- Financial investors
- Governments and public sector
- Infrastructure and transport
- Pharmaceuticals, medical products and healthcare
- Professional and business services
- Real estate
- Retail and consumer goods
- Technology, media and telecommunications