Rupert is a commercial barrister and PhD-economist who specializes in helping clients maximize value and minimize risks in complex international transactions and international dispute resolution.
He advises in particular on commercial litigation, international arbitration, M&A and private equity, pricing and valuation, quantum and damages, financial markets and derivatives, sports, competition and anti-trust, risk management, oil and gas, transfer pricing and IP, statutory and management accounting issues, expert reporting and the litigation expert process.
Rupert is a member of: COMBAR, Chancery Bar Association, International Bar Association, ISDA derivatives and arbitration committees, UK State Aid Law Association, City of London Law Society, Royal Economic Society, Royal Statistical Society, International Association of Sports Economists, Minerva Chambers, and St Cross College, Oxford.
Rupert also coordinates our in-house economics and experts team and contributes to our Freshfields Stephen Lawrence Scholarship Programme.
Originally trained at a New York investment bank, Rupert subsequently taught economics at Oxford, before qualifying as a lawyer at Freshfields.back to tab navigation
- Adivising on share allocation ratchet mechanisms for a c.$4Bn global energy sector private equity M&A deal
- Advising on valuations and valuation models for a c.$1Bn Asian consumer sector ICC arbitration
- Advising on share allocation ratchets and real options for an African energy sector private equity M&A deal
- Advising on alternative 3rd party funding proposals for an Indian arbitration
- Advising on quantum and loss allocation and modelling, in English High Court litigation concerning pollution remediation of the US Fox River system
- Advising on quantum, loss, transfer pricing and real options in a Dutch arbitration concerning an East European soft commodities M&A dispute
- Advising on the pricing and transfer pricing of oil revenues for tax system design for a Latin American government
- Advising on quantum and global interest benchmarking in a $1.2Bn Indian and Japanese joint venture arbitration
- Advising on derivatives data, derivatives models and pricing and competition issues in connection with the ISDA SIMM (Standard Initial Margin Model) project
- Advising on pricing and trading anomalies in Italian treasury bonds for English High Court litigation
- Advising on quantum, loss and economics for an African telecoms arbitration
- Advising on various complex derivatives, pricing and hedging and swaps mis-selling cases
- Advising on sports performance benchmarking for a New Zealand Olympics sports tribunal
- For further experience see: www.linkedin.com/in/rupertmaceydare
- Barrister, COMBAR, Chancery Bar, Law Society, Middle Temple
- Economist, Royal Economic Society, Royal Statistical Society
- D.Phil (PhD, economics and option pricing research), MA, Oxford University
- LLM (derivatives law research), Diploma in Legal Practice, City University London
- For further details see: www.linkedin.com/in/rupertmaceydare
London65 Fleet Street
London EC4Y 1HS
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001 email@example.com