About Renata Macejna
Renata is an English and Irish qualified lawyer (Solicitor) and specialises in international arbitration.
Renata has represented clients from various sectors in commercial arbitrations under the ICC, UNCITRAL, LCIA, DIS, and Swiss arbitration rules. She has advised clients on recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards in litigation proceedings in England. Renata also conducts internal investigations.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Renata was a deputy counsel at the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris, where she worked with parties and arbitrators primarily from common law jurisdictions.
Renata speaks Slovak, English, German and French.
- Advising a major German car manufacturer in various cross-border disputes
- Representing car manufacturers in several institutional arbitrations concerning distribution law issues
- Representing a Ukrainian real-estate developer in English law governed UNCITRAL and LCIA arbitrations (and related state-court proceedings) arising out of a shareholders dispute for the control of a joint venture for the construction and operation of a commercial real-estate project in Kiev
- Representing a U.S. energy company in a Swiss Rules arbitration against a Turkish company regarding a joint venture for the construction of gas-fired power plants in Russia
- Advising a leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical company in an ICC arbitration in connection with a strategic patent dispute
- University of Oxford (BA and MA law)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Solicitor, Ireland
- Europäische Rechtsanwältin (Germany)