Moray is a Senior Associate in our corporate real estate team. Acting for a broad range of investors and corporates (particularly private equity, sovereign wealth backed funds and financial institutions), he advises on all aspects of corporate real estate, including: joint ventures, real estate M&A, restructurings and financings.
He is qualified to practice in both England and Wales, and Scotland.back to tab navigation
- Advising GIC on several joint ventures and investments in real estate holding structures across Europe, including (i) the formation of a €2bn pan-European healthcare joint venture and (ii) the extension of its joint venture with Unite Students.
- Advising a joint venture between two sovereign wealth funds on the disposal of its interest in another joint venture which holds a London skyscraper.
- Advising Macquarie Asset Management on its acquisition of a stake in EDGE (the sustainability-focused real estate developer) and their future strategic partnership.
- Advising a leading investment manager on the acquisition of a group which holds a pan-European portfolio of logistics assets.
- Advising QuadReal on the formation of a €1.25bn joint venture for the investment, development and management of living sector assets in Europe.
- Advising Thomas White Oxford, the development company of St John’s College Oxford, on the formation of a £700m development joint venture with Cadillac Fairview, the real estate arm of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and Stanhope, the UK-listed developer.
- Advising APG and Sonae Sierra on the formation of a €1.8bn strategic joint venture with Allianz Real Estate and Elo for the operation and development of prime shopping centres in Portugal and Spain.
- Advising Ares on the acquisition of a logistics holding company.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on the real estate aspects of its acquisition of Refinitiv for $27bn.
- Advising Pandox AB on the acquisition and integration of the Jurys Inn hotels portfolio in the UK and Ireland (in partnership with the Fattal Group) for £800m; the acquisition of the company which holds the Midland Hotel, Manchester; the company which holds the Radisson Blu, Glasgow; and the company which holds the Hilton, Bath.
- Advising the Administrators of Debenhams on the “light touch” administration of Debenhams' UK business and the reorganisation of its real estate portfolio.
- Advising Cale Street Partners on their joint venture and acquisition of a 50 per cent stake in a UK shopping centre from intu, and the subsequent acquisition of the remainder of intu's stake and migration to a new services provider following intu's administration.
University of Edinburgh – Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class).
University of Edinburgh – Diploma in Professional Legal Practice.
Solicitors Regulation Authority - Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme.
back to tab navigation
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 20 7936 4000
F +44 20 7832 7001