About Laurent Mabilat
Avocat à la cour, Laurent is a partner in the Restructuring & Insolvency team.
Laurent is one of the leading restructuring and finance practitioners in France and has considerable experience of advising financial institutions, corporate clients, private equity funds and hedge funds on complex restructuring matters involving highly leveraged companies.
He has been acting on some of the most challenging and high profile restructurings and finance transactions in the French market.
Laurent has been ranked Band 1 by Chambers Europe for many years in banking and finance and has been ranked Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for leverage buyouts in 2016, for finance in 2017 and for banking and finance in 2020.
Laurent is fluent in English and French.
- Advising the ad hoc committee of lenders in the context of the restructuring of the debt of the hotel group AccorInvest for an amount of €4.5 billion and the implementation of a loan guaranteed by the State for €477 million;
- Advising the ‘Enlarged Working Group of creditors’ on the restructuring of the EUR 2.7bn indebtedness of Bourbon;
- Advising the secured RCF creditors on the restructuring of Rallye's indebtedness in the context of safeguard proceedings;
- Advising the lenders on the restructuring of Areva;
- Advising Avenue Capital, CarVal Investors, Marathon Asset Management LP on the restructuring of the French group IKKS;
- Advising bridge lenders to Technicolor, a provider of TV box tops, set recorders, DVDs and film editing services, in the restructuring of a US denominated credit facility; and
- Advising the funds managed by Avenue Capital, Pemberton and Permira on the restructuring and change of ownership of Delsey.
- ESSEC Business School, France (Master in Finance)
- CERAM, France (Master in Management)
- University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France (DEA in law and economics of developing countries, Master in business law)