About Ya Ma
Ya Ma is a Global Transactions counsel based in our Beijing office.
Her practice is focused on cross-border M&A transactions, foreign direct investments in China and other general corporate and commercial.
She also has a focus on the life sciences sector and provides China-related regulatory matters in the life sciences industry. She has extensive experience advising pharmaceutical, medical device, healthcare, food and cosmetics companies on issues including clinical trials, marketing authorisations, GxP compliance, ADE/AE reporting and marketing /promotional activities.
She speaks fluent Mandarin and English.
- Advising Novartis on (1) its disposal of Sandoz’s manufacturing assets in China and (2) the US$110m sale of all equity interests in Suzhou Novartis Pharma Technology (except for its technology and drug development assets)
- Advising Shenzhen Mindray on (1) its acquisition of Hytest Invest headquartered in Finland from Summa Capital and (2) the acquisition of a 75% stake in DiaSys Diagnostic Systems
- Advising Huadong Medicine on its strategic partnership with listed Heidelberg Pharma
- Advising Menarini Group on (1) its acquisition of the product rights to the blockbuster sexual dysfunction drug Cialis® (tadalafil) in China from Eli Lilly and (2) on its exclusive licensing agreement with SciClone to co-develop and commercialize Vaborem in China by sub-licensing the rights in Vaborem (a patented combination of meropenem and vaborbactam) to SciClone for development and commercialization in China under a head license from Melinta Therapeutics.
- Advising Warburg Pincus on (1) its US$95m Series B investment in Gaush Meditech and (2) its divestment in Gaush Meditech as a selling shareholder in the global offering of Gaush Meditech
- Advising Fresenius Kabi on its joint venture with Vifor Pharma in China and distribution arrangement for IV iron products
- Advising Volkswagen on various strategic China projects, including its €1bn investment in China’s Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Group Holdings, parent company for the A share listed JAC Motors, and JAC Volkswagen Automotive.
- Advising Great Wall Motors on its acquisition of a car manufacturing plant from Mercedes-Benz in Brazil
- Advising Guangdong Wencan Die Casting on the acquisition of a majority shareholding of, and the subsequent mandatory general offer for, the Euronext-listed Le Bélier group.
- Advising SDIC Mining on its US$502m acquisition of approximately 28 per cent of shares in Jordan-based Arab Potash Company listed on the Amman Stock Exchange from Nutrien.
- Advising Orient Hontai Capital on its €1bn acquisition of a controlling stake in Imagina Group, a leader in Europe’s audiovisual sector (the second largest Chinese investment in Spain)
- Beijing Normal University, China (LL.M.)
- Columbia University School of Law, US (LL.M.)
- State of New York bar