Susanne advises and represents national and international companies and financial institutions in all areas of business and commercial law and has a special focus on mass claims.
During her time at Freshfields, Susanne has been seconded to the New York and Paris offices.
Susanne speaks German (mother tongue) and is fluent in English. She also speaks French.back to tab navigation
- Advising Volkswagen on its global recall in connection with the emission of nitrogen oxides by diesel vehicles, including the worldwide coordination and representation in more than 55 different countries and the defense of civil and criminal lawsuits.
- Defending of a leading British insurance company against hundreds of claims by German policyholders before all German courts, including the Federal Court of Justice. Within the framework of the consultancy, questions relating to the law of contracts, insurance, and (international) procedural matters are discussed.
- Representing a German supplier in the automotive industry with regards to claims resulting out of a supply chain in France and Germany, and representing in subsequent ICC arbitration proceedings.
- Advising and representing a leading technology company in ICC arbitration proceedings.
- Defending against claims in connection with a management participation program of a German DAX-listed company in DIS arbitration proceedings.
- University of Bayreuth, Germany, legal studies (first state exam, Wirtschaftsjurist Universität Bayreuth)
- Université de Bordeaux Montesquieu, France (legal studies)
- Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf, Germany (second state exam)
- London School of Economics, UK (master of laws, LLM)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
T +49 89 20 70 20
F +49 89 20 70 21 00