About Nicholas Luetgerath
Nicholas is a principal associate in our global transactions group.
He advises corporate and financial sponsor clients on M&A transactions and general corporate matters. Nicholas specializes in cross-border transactions, particularly involving the US and Europe, and financial institutions M&A.
His expertise includes banking regulation and governance in the German banking sector.
Nicholas is a German and US national and based in our New York office. He has worked in our offices in Berlin, London and Hamburg.
- Aristocrat Leisure on its pending $1.2bn acquisition of Nasdaq-listed NeoGames S.A.
- Ericsson on the sale of its IoT Accelerator and Connected Vehicle Cloud businesses and related assets to Aeris Communications, Inc.
- Cinven on its acquisition of MBCC Admixtures, a leading global manufacturer of concrete admixtures and sustainable solutions for the construction industry
- AmerisourceBergen on its $1.3 billion acquisition of PharmaLex GmbH
- Agilent Technologies on its acquisition of Polymer Standards Service GmbH, a provider of solutions in the field of polymer characterization
- Siemens Gamesa in its acquisitons of part of the insolvent Senvion Group
- Maersk Line A/S, the world’s largest container shipping line, on its takeover of Hamburg Süd.
- Raisin Bank on its acquistion of its acquisition of the payment business of Bankhaus August Lenz AG
- MCE Bank in its acquisition by Santander Consumer Bank GmbH
- NREP A/S on its acquisition of M3's Germany-focused real estate credit business
- Hamburg Commercial Bank AG on numerous matters, including
- the first ever privatization of a German Landesbank, particularly regarding the transition of deposit protection schemes,
- the sale of multi-billion euro performing and non-performing loan portfolios
- its post-privatization transformation process, including a liability management exercise and board-room matters.
- Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale on its restructuring.
Universities of Göttingen and Berlin
Doctor of Law (Dr. iur.), doctoral thesis on banking supervisory law
Legal Clerkship in Berlin and New York
Admitted to the German Bar (Rechtsanwalt)
Licensed as Foreign Legal Consultant in New York