About Ana López
Ana specialises in domestic and international acquisition finance, having broad experience in banking transactions (takeovers, LBOs, real estate, energy financings and financial/debt restructurings).
She also advises on project financings and as well as on debt capital markets. She advises clients in different industry sectors with a special focus on private equity.
Her clients include: major investment banks and financial institutions, such as Credit Suisse, Liberbank, CaixaBank and Bankia; corporates, such as Cepsa, Gas Natural Fenosa, Repsol and Amadeus; and private equity houses and alternative capital providers, such as: Blackstone, Bridgepoint, Permira, Cinven, CVC Capital Partners, Advent, Doughty Hanson and AXA Private Equity.
Ana undertook a secondment to the London office in 2003/04.
She speaks Spanish and English.
- Advising SSE on the finance aspects of the acquisition from Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy of its existing European renewable energy onshore wind platform, through the acquisition of 100% of the Spanish company Sistema Energéticos Carril, for a consideration of €580m (subject to customary adjustments for level of cash and debt)
- Advising Banco Santander, Caixabank, Credit Agricole, Natixis and Société Générale, as Bookrunners, MLAs and Original Lenders, on the €2bn Spanish law facilities agreement to finance the acquisition of a 20% stake in Naturgy by an special purpose vehicle incorporated at the direction of CVC Capital Partners Limited
- Advising CarVal Investors GB on (i) the acquisition through a Luxembourg SPV of the economic interests and property rights arising from a portfolio of 3,500 Spanish mortgage loans granted mainly to individuals and mostly backed by residential assets from Abanca Corporación Bancaria, by means of the issuance of mortgage participations (participaciones hipotecarias) and mortgage transfer certificates (certificados de transmission de hipoteca) and (ii) its subsequent transfer to a public Spanish public securitisation fund which issued €310.5m class A, B, C, D, E, F, R, X and Z notes rated by S&P and KBRA and listed in AIAF Spanish fixed income securities market
- Advising CarVal Investors GB on (i) the acquisition of the economic interests and property rights arising from a portfolio of Spanish mortgage loans granted mainly to individuals and mostly backed by residential assets from Abanca Corporación Bancaria, by means of the issuance of (i) mortgage participations (participaciones hipotecarias) and (ii) mortgage transfer certificates (certificados de transmission de hipoteca) and its subsequent transfer to a Spanish securitisation fund and (ii) the financing for the acquisition by means of senior and junior loan notes issuance agreements; and (iii) the listing of the mortgage bonds issued by the Spanish securitisation fund in the Vienna market
- Advising on complex and significant restructurings such as Leoni, Revlon, Lecta or Bulb Energy
- Advising HOCHTIEF on its acquisition (alongside ACS and Atlantia) of toll-road operator Abertis. Read more about the deal in our case study
- Advising a Chinese consortium on the €1.1bn revolving facility agreement and €230m junior facility agreement for the €1.4bn acquisition of Urbaser from ACS
- Advising Amadeus IT Group on: the new €500m term-loan facilities agreement to finance the acquisition of Navitaire; the execution of a €500m English law-governed revolving facilities agreement; its new €1bn syndicated facilities agreement; and the establishment of its €500m ECP programme. Ana also advised on the 2016 update of its €2.4bn medium-term note (MTN) programme and a €500m drawdown under it, and on another €500m drawdown under its €2.4bn MTN programme
- Advising Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) on the financing for the acquisition by an international investment fund of Catalunya Banc's €6bn loan portfolio structured through a Spanish asset securitisation fund
- Advising a syndicate of lenders in relation to the €2bn English law-governed revolving and term loan facility agreement granted to Cepsa
- Advising Deutsche Bank on the financing for the acquisition by an international investment fund of Caixabank's c.€750m portfolio of non-performing residential loans
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain (law)
- Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, Madrid, Spain (a simultaneous five-year master’s degree in finance markets and economics)
- Admitted to the Madrid Bar (1999)