Francesco Lombardo leads the financing and capital market practice in Italy.
He has wide experience of advising sponsors, investors, corporates and banks on leveraged acquisitions and refinancing transactions as well as on real estate financing transactions (including CMBS structures), restructurings, syndicated loan facilities and capital markets exits. In addition, his practice also focuses on structured finance (including NPLs investments and related financing) and debt capital market transactions (mainly in connection with investments by private equity firms and hedge funds).
A native Italian speaker, he speaks English fluently.
- Assisting a major European Credit Management Services group on the acquisition of the third largest servicer of non-performing loans in Italy, as well as of an about €400m diversified debt portfolio consisting of a large number of secured and unsecured non-performing loans towards consumers and SMEs.
- Assisting a leading international private equity firm on the approx. €1.3bn acquisition of the entire share capital of an Italian company leader in the market of software for professionals and enterprises, as well as on the refinancing of the group indebtedness carried out through revolving loans and a bond structure.
- Assisting one of the major Italian “bad bank company” on the €2bn refinancing by a pool of Italian banks of a vendor loan advanced by four Italian regional banks.
- Assisting two major Italian banks, as mandated lead arrangers of a pool of banks, on a €235m facility agreement granted in the context of a restructuring agreement entered into by an Italian company active in the steel industry sector and aimed at refinancing certain existing debts and supporting strategic business plan.
- Assisting a leading bank on a €100m multi-borrower financing of a real estate portfolio composed of four shopping centres located in different regions of Italy for a total GLA of 67,417 sqm.
- Avvocato (Admitted to the Italian Bar)
- University of Naples, Law degree (J.D.)
- Master degree in Business Law – Il Sole24Ore Business School
MilanVia dei Giardini 7
T +39 02 625 301
F +39 02 625 30800
- Financing and capital markets
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Asset finance
- Debt capital markets
- Financial restructuring
- High yield and acquisition finance
- Hybrid capital
- Infrastructure finance
- IPO and other emissions
- Leveraged finance
- Private equity
- Real estate finance
- Receivables financing
- Regulatory capital
- Securitised products
- Distressed acquisitions