Jennifer is a Special Counsel in the white-collar and global investigations practice, based in Washington, D.C. She represents clients in complex white collar criminal defense matters, global investigations, congressional investigations, and high-stakes civil litigation. Jennifer defends multinational companies and their officers against allegations of bribery/Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, securities and accounting fraud, healthcare fraud and abuse, antitrust violations, and violations of U.S. environmental laws.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Jennifer served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, where she prosecuted cases in D.C. Superior Court and U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. As a federal prosecutor, Jennifer tried nearly 50 cases to verdict, drafted more than a dozen appellate briefs, and presented oral argument in the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and the D.C. Court of Appeals.
Jennifer previously worked as an associate in the Washington, D.C., offices of O'Melveny and Myers and Katten Muchin Rosenman. She also worked as a legal intern in the Office of the Counsel to Vice President Joseph R. Biden.
back to tab navigation
Jennifer’s experience includes:
- trial counsel for the former CEO of a biopharmaceutical company charged with securities fraud and conspiracy in the Southern District of New York (in one of the first federal criminal cases to be tried in person during the COVID-19 pandemic);
- representing a Fortune 5 company in various internal investigations, including conducting over one-hundred witness interviews;
- advising an e-commerce company in connection with FCPA violations;
- representing an executive of an international pharmaceutical company in connection with allegations of international trade and OFAC violations;
- representing an international energy company that was alleged to have made false statements in its regulatory reporting; and
- advising a for-profit college in connection with allegations that it violated the False Claims Act.
Jennifer also has an active pro bono practice. She represented several Holocaust survivors who applied to the German government for pension payments for work performed in World War II ghettos. One client received a substantial back payment award that dramatically improved her quality of life in the final years of her life. Jennifer has also counseled not-for-profit and religious organizastions and represented several individuals in immigration court proceedings.back to tab navigation
Jennifer received her J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of San Francisco School of Law, where she was the technical editor of the USF Law Review.
Jennifer received her B.A., magna cum laude, from New York University.
Jennifer is a member of the Women's White Collar Defense Association and the National Association of Women Lawyers. She is admitted to practice in California, New York, and the District of Columbia, and numerous federal circuit and district courts across the United States.back to tab navigation
Washington, DC700 13th Street, NW, 10th floor
Washington, DC 20005-3960
T +1 202 777 4524
F +1 202 777 4555