Matteo specialises in domestic litigation, as well as financial and criminal investigations.
He joined the firm in 2006 as a trainee and has developed his experience in the Milan dispute resolution group assisting domestic and international clients with class action proceedings, and collective action, commercial, financial and construction disputes.
Matteo speaks English and Italian fluently.
- Advising the largest international automaker on all criminal and regulatory investigations, governmental enquiries, class actions, claims for damages and other third-party actions arising from the nitrogen oxide and carbon dioxide emission tests scandal.
- Advising the Italian subsidiary of an international bank in a collective civil action involving a major Italian consumer organisation and a major Italian postal services provider concerning the alleged misapplication of Italian law on the s.c. portability of loans.
- Advising a leading IT company on an internal audit concerning the compliance at the level of the Italian subsidiary with group policies concerning the conclusion of contracts with subscribers, and the approval of incentives, bonuses and payments.
- Advising an English bank on a criminal investigation filed by an Italian public prosecutor before the Italian courts in order to determine whether the execution of some transactions by the client with an Italian bank could have triggered a fraud against the Italian state or violations of the applicable fiscal regulations.
- Advising a leading multinational film and photography company on a claim filed before the Court of Milan by its agents for an alleged breach by the company of the sole-trading right in favour of the agents in selling the company's products set forth in the agency contracts.
- University of Pavia, Italy (law, JD)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar (avvocato)
MilanVia dei Giardini 7
T +39 02 625 301
F +39 02 625 30800