About Jonas Levermann
Jonas is an associate in our antitrust, competition and trade group.
His practice covers all aspects of EU, German and UK competition law issues, including merger control, antitrust investigations, competition litigation and State aid.
Jonas is qualified as a Rechtsanwalt (Germany) and a Solicitor (England and Wales).
Before joining our Brussels office Jonas completed his training in the firm’s London office and also worked in the firm’s Berlin office.
He speaks English, German and French.
- Advising Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) on State aid related questions of the issuance of a revolving credit lines for the gas suppliers Uniper SE in the amount of €18 billion EUR and SEFE GmbH (formerly Gazprom Germania) in the amount of €11.8 billion.
- Advising the German Federal Ministry of Finance in EU merger control proceedings on the nationalisation and acquisition of sole control of the German gas supplier Uniper SE.
- Advising several financial and non-financial companies (i.a. TUI, Deutsche Bank) on State aid matters in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak and the compatibility of Member States’ support measures with EU law.
- Advising various private equity clients on EU and global merger filings as well as German merger control reviews.
- Advising DP World in relation to its acquisition of feeder shipping businesses operating in the Indian Subcontinent.
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar (E-list)
- BPP Law School (Graduate Diploma in Law, Legal Practice Course)
- University of Glasgow (LL.M International Competition Law and Policy)
- University of Maastricht (LL.B European Law)