About Valerio Letizia
Valerio is an associate in our international arbitration group in Paris.
Dual qualified as an Avvocato (Italy) and as a Solicitor (England & Wales), Valerio specializes in international commercial arbitration, investment treaty arbitration and public international law. He also has experience in commercial litigation and internal investigations.
Valerio is an active member of our pro bono practice regularly assisting NGOs and public bodies with human rights, animal law, and criminal law matters.
Valerio graduated from Roma Tre University and the University of Oxford. He speaks Italian, English and French, and has a basic knowledge of Portuguese. Before relocating to Paris, Valerio worked in the firm’s Rome office.
- Representing an energy company in an ICC arbitration on post-acquisition claims relating to environmental liabilities.
- Assisting a group of renewable energy investors in an ICSID annulment arbitration under the ECT in relation to the adverse modification of the tariff regime for photovoltaic power generation.
- Assisting in proceedings instituted before the Milan Court of Appeal for the recognition and enforcement in Italy of a foreign ICC partial award.
- Acting for a multinational manufacturing company in insurance litigation stemming from construction disputes in the UK.
- Advising a leading multinational truck manufacturer on damages claims alleging antitrust infringements following a cartel fine imposed by the EU Commission.
- Conducting an internal investigation for a major telecommunication service group pending criminal proceedings against former directors.
- University of Oxford, Wolfson College (MJur, with distinction)
- Roma Tre University (JD, magna cum laude)
- Italy (Avvocato)
- England & Wales (Solicitor)
- France (Foreign Registered Lawyer under Dir 98/5/CE)