About Jonathan Lee
Jonathan Lee is an associate in the Asia dispute resolution group, based in the Hong Kong office. He has a range of regulatory investigations, enforcement and compliance as well as commercial disputes experience, often with a multi-jurisdictional or cross-border angle.
Jonathan obtained his law degree from Trinity College, University of Cambridge with full scholarship and is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong. He speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Jonathan's experience includes advising:
- international financial institutions in SFC regulatory investigations on sponsorship of IPOs;
- international financial institutions in HKMA, SFC and other HK and overseas regulatory investigations on mis-selling, short-selling, overcharging, fund management, insider dealing, product due diligence, third party asset manager misconduct and ABC matters;
- Hong Kong listed companies on short-selling attacks;
- Hong Kong listed companies and directors in SFC and SEHK regulatory investigations and disciplinary actions on connected transactions, internal controls, audit matters;
- regulated entities on investigations and enquiries by the HKIA and HKCC;
- international financial institutions and multinational conglomerates on internal investigations, and related client and employee disputes;
- multinational conglomerates on high value project and financing disputes, and SIAC arbitrations; and
- a private equity minority shareholder’s challenge against a high value arbitral award.
Jonathan had been on secondment as an associate at an international financial institution's APAC Litigation and Investigations team for six months.
- Law - Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- Jardine Foundation Scholar - Trinity College, University of Cambridge
- Admitted in Hong Kong