About Dimitri Lecat
Avocat à la cour, Dimitri is a partner in our dispute resolution practice group, and a member of our global investigations and global antitrust litigation practice groups.
He has strong expertise in regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings (especially before the sanctions commission of the Autorité des marchés financiers France's financial markets regulator), white-collar crime (including bribery and corruption), and banking and financial services litigation.
Dimitri also has particularly strong experience of global investigations in a range of sectors (including financial services, banking, technology, defence and automotive), commercial and business law-related matters, shareholder disputes and post-acquisition litigation.
Dimitri is fluent in French and English.
- Representing Volkswagen on criminal, civil and regulatory fronts in relation to allegations that it intentionally and deceptively programmed certain diesel engines to selectively circumvent emissions controls.
- Assisting Airbus Defence and Space with internal investigations and preparing the company's defence strategy in respect of the criminal investigation initiated by the Munich public prosecutor against employees suspected of bribery, embezzlement and tax evasion in relation to border security projects in Saudi Arabia and Romania, and a satellite equipment project in China.
- Advising EDF on the acquisition of a majority stake in Areva NP’s business and the governance aspects of the Hinkley Point C nuclear power project in Somerset, UK.
- Advising a leading international investment bank on its obligations to disclose information requested by the supervisory division of France's financial markets regulator in relation to a CAC40 company’s bonds.
- Representing Natixis in the course of a dispute where the latter is defending against requests brought by the Bank of Industry and Mine, a state-owned Iranian bank, for payment on first-demand counter-guarantees. We are specifically advising Natixis on US and EU sanctions-related issues in the context of the forthcoming suspension of sanctions against Iran.
- Representing a US multinational company in four cases where the French Minister seeks to have contractual clauses contained in the distribution agreements with French carriers be declared null and void on various grounds.
- University of Paris X Nanterre, France (master’s degree (maitrise) and postgraduate degree (DEA) in business law)
- Admitted to the Paris Bar