“an innovative finance attorney, with broad experience...in the United States and globally”
Kyle Lakin advises equity sponsors and investment funds, as well as corporations, agents and lenders on a wide range of financing transactions, with a focus on, leveraged financing and restructuring transactions.
Kyle has extensive experience in financings of all sorts in the power (traditional and renewables), infrastructure and natural resources sectors. He is a member of our global financial investors group and our global energy and natural resources and transportation and infrastructure groups. Kyle’s extensive experience with various types of financings helps him to deliver creative solutions for clients both in the US and globally.back to tab navigation
- The management business of a major private equity firm on the issuance of privately placed notes pursuant to Section 4(a)(2) of the Securities Act
- The management business of a major private equity firm on issuing its corporate revolving credit agreement
- CVC on the US financing aspects of its acquisition of stakes in Aleph Holdings and Acronis
- AstraZeneca on US financing aspects of its merger with Alexion
- Charterhouse Capital Partners in the business combination of Mirion Technologies and GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II
- CVC on the financing of its acquisition of WebPros
- One Equity Partners on the financing of its acquisition of Spartronics and the financing of Spartronic’s acquisition of Primus Technologies
- CVC on the financing of its acquisition of Ontic
- Cinven on the financing of its acquisition of Ufinet Latam
- WorldRemit on the financing of its acquisition of Sendwave, a rapidly growing app-based remittance company
- Charterhouse Capital Partners on the financing of its acquisition of BTG International
- Barings on the purchase of privately placed notes from Anagram and Party City
- Bank of America on the underwriting of secured notes from Sally Beauty
- Solvay on the vendor financing of the sale of a line of its US business line
- Paine Schwartz Partners and Wawona Packing Company on the financing of its merger with Gerawan to create Prima Wawona
- Messer Industries and CVC on the financing of their joint acquisition of the US business of Linde and Praxair
- Capital One, as agent, on the restructuring of the senior secured debt of StoneMor Operating LLC
- KfW IPEX-Bank as senior lender and lead arranger in connection with the financing of the development of the world’s first flex mini-mill by Big River Steel in Osceola, Arkansas (North America Mining & Metals Deal of the Year for IJGlobal and highly commended by the FT US Innovative Lawyers’ Awards 2015)
- EQT on the financing of its acquisition of Contanda (formerly Westway Group) (commended by the FT US Innovative Lawyers' Awards 2013)
- JD, Stanford Law School.
- BA, classics and classical languages, literatures and linguistics, The University of Chicago.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
New York601 Lexington Avenue, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10022
T +1 212 230 4609
F +1 646 465 7409