About Ruben Laddé
Ruben specialises in intellectual property law with a focus on patents and technology-related matters. In addition to his legal qualifications, Ruben has a background in Electrical Engineering (BSc and MSc). Ruben was admitted to the Amsterdam Bar in January 2011.
He has experience in (coordinating) multi-jurisdictional patent litigation and represents clients in technology and pharmaceutical related matters. Ruben furthermore advises on corporate IP issues such as licenses and IP aspects of M&A deals. Ruben speaks Dutch and English.
Litigation experience includes:
- Representing Nikon in patent litigation against ASML before the Dutch courts relating to immersion lithography technology and image sensors of digital photocamera's.
- Acting for AB Inbev in PI proceedings against Philips Domestic Appliances relating to the PerfectDraft appliance.
- Representing ASSIA in patent litigation against Nokia and KPN relating to VDSL2 broadband internet access.
- Acting in high profile patent litigation concerning smartphones (Apple vs Samsung).
- Representing HP Inc. in patent infringement proceedings based on patents relating to printer electronics and software.
- Advising and representing Moderna in patent litigation proceedings against Pfizer and BioNTech relating to mRNA COVID-19 vaccines.
- Acting for Novartis in multiple (PI) proceedings against inter alia Pharmathen (Sandostatin), Teva (Affinitor), Mylan (Exjade), Synthon (Entresto), Samsung Bioepis (Lucentis), Mylan and Teva (Gilenya)
- Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (B.Sc. and M.Sc. in electrical engineering)
- University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands (LL.B. and LL.M. in Dutch law)
- Advocaat, The Netherlands (admitted to the Amsterdam bar in January 2011)
- Legal practitioner at the European Patent Office
- AIPPI – International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property