About Dr. Mesut Korkmaz
Mesut is a member of our Global Transactions in Düsseldorf. He primarily advises corporate clients and financial investors on domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, corporate restructurings as well as general corporate and capital market law matters.
Mesut has been ranked by Best Lawyers (Handelsblatt) in the category "Ones to Watch" / "Anwälte der Zukunft" in 2023.
He speaks German, English and Turkish.
- Advising RWE on financing of acquisition of Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses and issuance of mandatory convertible bond in connection with the investment of Qatar Investment Authority
- Advising Hellman & Friedman on the public takeover offer and the subsequent delisting tender offer to the shareholders of zooplus AG
- Advising BorgWarner Inc. on the public takeover offer to the shareholders of AKASOL AG and the subsequent merger squeeze-out of minority shareholders
- Advising KKR on the delisting tender offer to the shareholders of Axel Springer SE and the subsequent squeeze-out of the minority shareholders
- Advising Umicore on the merger squeeze-out of Agosi AG's minority shareholders
- Advising RWE AG on the refocusing of its activities in connection with the asset swap with E.ON SE, including the sale of a majority stake in innogy SE, the acquisition of E.ON’s and innogy’s renewables business as well as the aquisition of a minority stake in E.ON SE
- Advising ADLER Real Estate AG on the sale of its majority stake in Accentro Real Estate AG
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its proposed business combination with Deutsche Börse AG
- Advising Vonovia SE on the unsolicited public tender offer for Deutsche Wohnen AG
- Advising E.ON SE on the sale of Energy from Waste (EEW)
- Advising EQT on the acquisition of audibene GmbH
- University of Bonn (Law)
- University of Cologne (Dr. iur.)
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany