About Dr. Jonas Köster
Jonas advises on regulatory and environmental matters with a focus on industry, automotive, energy and TMT clients.
He has particular knowledge of new and disruptive technologies changing and challenging the passenger car and general transport sector, especially electric vehicles and autonomous driving.
Jonas also frequently advises clients in relation to climate change, sustainability and CO2 regulation in various sectors.
Furthermore, Jonas is experienced in advising public-sector companies, bridging corporate and public law.
He is fluent in German and English.
- Advising a leading automotive company regarding various aspects of electric mobility, including charging infrastructure
- Regulatory advice for an international industry client in relation to climate change laws, risk of NGO claims and new legislation (EU and German climate protection acts)
- Advising a leading international car manufacturer on key regulatory aspects of automated and autonomous vehicles in German, European and International law
- Helping a private equity investor navigate through the environmental and mining law regulations when acquiring crude oil storage facilities
- Advising a key player in the international automotive sector on European vehicle homologation law in regard to numerous new technologies
- Constitutional law advice regarding the new German Model Lawsuit for Declaratory Judgement (Musterfeststellungsklage)
- Advising two major state-owned entities on the public law influence (constitutional and budget law) on their corporate decision-making process
- University of Münster (Dr. iur., constitutional law thesis)
- Clerk at the European Commission's Directorate-General for Competition in Brussels (Merger Control Automotive & Energy)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany