About Patrick Ko
Patrick’s blend of technical ability and international expertise has earned him an impressive track record in big, complex transactions.
Clients in sectors ranging from financial services to TMT trust Patrick to deliver major transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic investments.
Patrick has a strong record of advising on cross border transactions, including in respect of international expansion strategies and investments in new jurisdictions.
Patrick is a member of our Financial Sponsors group helping to look after a number of our private equity and infrastructure clients, including Warburg Pincus, KKR, Ontario Teachers’ and APG.
- Ontario Teachers' on its agreement to acquire a majority stake in 7IM, a leading UK wealth manager.
- KKR on its acquisition of IVI-RMA Global, a leading international reproductive medicine group.
- Warburg Pincus and Vodeno group on the strategic partnership with NatWest to create a Banking-as-a-Service business in the UK.
- Ontario Teachers’ on the sale of Camelot UK Lotteries Limited, the operator of the UK National Lottery, and Premier Lotteries Ireland, the operator of the Irish National Lottery.
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition, as part of a consortium, of a majority interest in VTG, a leading international wagon hire and rail logistics company.
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in Quantexa, a leading Decision Intelligence solutions provider for the public and private sectors.
- Allied Universal, the US-headquartered security and facility services provider majority owned by Warburg Pincus and CDPQ, on its takeover of G4S plc, the leading global security company listed on the London Stock Exchange and Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- APG Asset Management, acting on behalf of its Dutch pension fund clients, on a joint venture with Orange Polska to create the largest independent wholesale fibre operator in Poland.
- A consortium led by Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of a majority stake in Community Fibre Limited, the UK-based fibre broadband provider.
- Warburg Pincus on its investment in Inspired, a leading international premium schools operator.
LLB, LPC, University of Bristol.