About Katherine Khan
Katherine Khan is a principal associate in our Vienna office and a member of the firm's dispute resolution practice group.
Katherine specialises in international arbitration, with a particular focus on commercial and investment arbitration. She acts as counsel or co-counsel in cases under various arbitration rules, most often in the financial, corporate, commercial, construction or energy sectors.
Before joining Freshfields in 2015, Katherine gained experience working at the United Nations office in Vienna (UNOV) and an insurance defence/litigation firm in Florida. Katherine is admitted to practice and is a member of the bar in Florida (attorney at law). She speaks English, Italian, German and intermediate French.
- Advising a leading global energy supplier in a potential ICC price revision dispute against the gas storage provider.
- Representing a market leader in the production and distribution of a commodity good in a dispute with its Thai partners to a joint venture agreement. The dispute involved multiple arbitration and litigation proceedings all over the world concerning questions of corporate governance, exclusive distribution rights and overpricing of goods.
- Representing a large international bank a highly complex legal dispute airising from the sale of its foreign subsidiary that resulted in three consolidated ICC arbitration proceedings and several litigation disputes in domestic courts throughout Europe and outside of the EU.
- Representing two eastern European companies involved in the manufature and trade of electric energy in an ICC arbitration brought against their contractors for the construction of a coal fired power generation unit.
- Rpresenting foreign investors Elitech B.V. and Razvoj Golf d.o.o. in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Croatia in a dispute concerning the development of a luxury real estate project.
- University of Miami Law School (Juris Doctor)
- Florida State University (BS)
- Admitted to practice and a member of the bar in Florida (Attorney at law)