About Severin Kehrer
Severin Kehrer is a Principal Associate of Freshfield's Disputes practice, specialised in national and international litigation and arbitration. He advises domestic and international companies in all areas of business and commercial law. His special focus is on mass claims, especially in the tech and data protection sphere.
In addition to being a German qualified lawyer, Severin also holds English law degrees and has gained substantial international experience living in Asia, Latin America and various parts of Europe.
Severin speaks German, English and Spanish.
- Advising a tech client on various aspects of its mass claim defence against large scale GDPR and Social Media-related claims
- Acting for Volkswagen Group in its defence against claims from German and foreign customers arising from the global recall of VW diesel vehicles in relation to the emission of nitrous oxide
- Representing a private equity investor in an M&A dispute surrounding fraud allegations against the target company’s founders
- Advising a Chinese strategic investor in a post M&A dispute in the automotive sector
- Advising Volkswagen AG on the introduction of an extended vehicle warranty in over 50 jurisdictions worldwide
- Mahindra United World College, Pune, India (I.B. Diploma)
- King's College London (LL.B., A.K.C.)
- Humboldt-University Berlin (First Legal State Exam)
- University of Oxford (B.C.L.)
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat) at the Higher Regional Court of Berlin with stations at the Germany Federal Chancellery (Bundeskanzleramt) and the Sino-German Legal Cooperation Program in Beijing
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany