About Dr. Boris Kasolowsky
Boris is co-head of the firm’s international arbitration group.
He acts as counsel and as arbitrator in international arbitration proceedings. He also assists clients in arbitration-related, cross-border litigation, including in the English High Court and the German courts. Boris also advises clients in relation to human rights and leads the German Business and Human Rights Practice.
Boris is qualified to practice in Germany, England and Wales.
He speaks English, German, French and Arabic.
- Representing a global industrial company in various ICC arbitration proceedings related to long term supply agreements in multiple jurisdictions;
- Representing a major German chemical company in ad hoc proceedings relating to a post-M&A environmental liabilities dispute;
- Representing a major German industrial in ad hoc proceedings arising in connection with the dissolution of a major joint venture in the energy sector;
- Representing a major European financial institution in ICC arbitration proceedings and related proceedings in relevant offshore jurisdictions in a post-M&A dispute;
- Representing an offshore corporate entity in a joint venture dispute over a shareholding in a property venture in Eastern Europe. The dispute included proceedings under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, the LCIA Arbitration Rules and related proceedings before the English Commercial Court and the Cypriot courts;
- Representing Albania in Anglo-Adriatic Group Limited v Albania (ICSID ARB/17/6), regarding an alleged investment in privatization vouchers issued by Albania in the 1990’s, Arka Energy B.V. v Albania (ICSID ARB/20/54) regarding a renewable energy project, and Durres Kurum Shipping SH.P.K. and others v Albania (ICSID ARB/20/37) regarding a port concession;
- Representing Portigon v Spain (ICSID ARB/17/15) regarding project finance investments in 30+ renewable energy projects in Spain;
- Representing investors against Germany (ICSID ARB/19/29) regarding regulatory measures in the renewable energy sector;
- Representing Romania in three separate ICSID arbitration proceedings: Micula v Romania (ICSID ARB/05/20), Dede and others v Romania (ICSID ARB/10/22) and Petrochemical Holding v Romania (ICSID ARB/19/21); and
- Representing investors against Bulgaria including EVN AG (ICSID ARB/13/17), regarding regulatory measures in the energy sector and State General Fund of Oman v Bulgaria (ICSID ARB/15/43) regarding the regulation of a financial institution.
- Hamburg University, Germany (Doctorate in law)
- School of Oriental and African Studies, London University, UK (MA)
- Oxford University, UK (BA in Jurisprudence)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Solicitor Advocate (Higher Courts Civil)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Faculty of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany