About Julius Kahn
Julius is a senior associate in our global transactions practice, acting for (international) corporates, private equity firms and financial sponsors.
He specialises in cross-border private M&A, private equity transactions and joint ventures and has a particular interest in the media, (green) energy, pharma and technology sectors.
In 2021, Julius won the award for Best Young M&A Lawyer and gained international experience in 2022 when he was seconded to Freshfields’ New York offices.
Along with his native Dutch, Julius is fluent in English.
- Equans on the sale of Equans Energy Solutions (EES), a leading provider of Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES) end-to-end solutions to households and businesses in the Netherlands to E.ON.
- Advising a leading US pharma company on the acquisition of a company with breakthrough patents in the medical device field.
- Advising Marubeni on its acquisition of Euroma, a major European spices and seasonings manufacturer.
- Getir on its acquisition of fast grocery delivery group Gorillas.
- CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of ekaterra B.V., the holding company of Unilever’s global tea business.
- Permira on its Series D €150m growth investment in online platform Catawiki, Europe’s leading curated online marketplace for special objects.
- A West-Coast tech company on its acquisition of a Dutch-based cloud computing company.
- PGGM on its early stage minority investment in SCW Systems, a technology company utilising super critical water gasification to produce green gas.
- Talpa Network B.V., a Dutch mediatech group, on numerous transactions, including:
- the proposed merger with RTL Nederland, merging their broadcasting and affiliated media businesses in the Netherlands
- its sale of radio station ‘Radio Veronica’ to Mediahuis
- its joint venture with Azerion in respect of the launch of an online gaming platform
- its sale of Dutch press agency ANP
- its acquisition of LINDA magazine (Mood for Magazines B.V.) including all (online) extensions from Sanoma Media Netherlands B.V.
Julius studied Dutch law at the University of Leiden. He graduated cum laude from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in Corporate Law.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University Leiden, The Netherlands, September 2010 to September 2014.
- Master of Laws (LLM), Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 2014 to August 2016.