About Dr. Michael Josenhans
Michael specialises in banking and finance law, with a particular focus on syndicated lending and acquisition finance.
He is a member of our private equity sector group and our global transactions group.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising J.P. Morgan on the €415m term loan B/Cov-Lite and RCF refinancing of Rodenstock, the German manufacturer of glasses.
- Advising TeamViewer and Permira on TeamViewer’s IPO on the regulated market (Prime Standard) of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and the related refinancing. The issue volume was approximately €2.2bn.
- Advising HOCHTIEF AG in relation to €18b acquisition financing arrangements in connection with the acquisition of the Abertis Group.
- Advising Commerzbank, UniCredit and other banks on a €900m financing and refinancing for the Axel Springer group and the establishment of an €800m acquisition facility.
- Advising Techem, a portfolio company of Macquarie, in relation to its debut €1.3bn bank bond refinancing and several refinancings/repricings.
- Advising ChemChina on its financing for the acquisition of the Krauss Maffei group.
- Advising a consortium of banks on the acquisition financing of the Knauf Group.
- Advising Evotec AG on the acquisition financing of a target in the USA and a realignment of its capital structure.
- Advising Nordex S.E. on its financial restructuring which included a guarantee facility, a liquidity line, EiB credit agreements and a high yield bond.
- University of Tübingen, Germany (doctorate degree, summa cum laude)
- Columbia University, US (master of laws degree)
- University of Aix-en-Provence, France (maîtrise en droit degree)
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Attorney-at-law, New York, US
- Teufel award for his doctoral thesis