About Nick Jones
Nick is a partner in our London Global Transactions Practice.
He advises on a broad range of corporate transactions, including public and private M&A, equity capital raisings, joint ventures, restructurings and private equity investments, as well as general UK listed company matters.
His clients include listed companies, international groups and financial investors from a range of sectors, including FIG, retail and power. He has a particular focus on cross border transactions.
- Advising London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisitions of Acadia and Refinitiv, proposed £21bn merger with Deutsche Börse, acquisition of a majority stake in LCH.Clearnet and its rights issue funded acquisition of Frank Russell Company.
- Advising SSE on the disposal of a 25% interest in its transmission business to Ontario Teachers, the demerger of its retail business and sale to Ovo, the disposal of its 50% interest in the Multifuel energy-from-waste JV, its 80:20 offshore wind JV in Japan with Pacifico Energy and its acquisition of an onshore wind platform in Southern Europe from Siemens Gamesa.
- Advising Entain on its takeover defence against DraftKings and its acquisitions of Angstrom Sports and Avid Gaming.
- Advising Allfunds on its €7.2bn IPO and its acquisitions of Mainstreet Partners and the Banca Iccrea paying agent business.
- Advising Smurfit Kappa on its $20bn merger with Westrock.
- Advising Henderson Group on its merger with Janus Capital Group.
- Advising Barrick Gold on its $18bn merger with Randgold Resources.
- Advising Jimmy Choo on its acquisition by Michael Kors.
- Advising Mars on its acquisition of Linnaeus.
- Advising Low & Bonar on its placing and open offer and acquisition by Freudenberg.
- Advising on the IPOs of Alfa, Saga, Merlin Entertainments, HSS Hire and Exova.
- Advising on the rights issues by Informa, Lloyds Banking Group, Wolseley, Balfour Beatty and National Express.
- Advising Barclays as sponsor on the takeover by Informa of UBM and the acquisition of the Adhesives business of Eastman by Synthomer.
- Exeter College, Oxford University (MA in ancient and modern history)
- Solicitor, England and Wales