“Rising Stars: Europe's Best Up and Coming Private Equity Lawyers 2020”
Richard advises the world’s leading financial sponsors and multinational corporations, often in the infrastructure space.
He has experience across the corporate spectrum, with a particular focus on cross-border private and public M&A.
Richard has worked in our London, Hong Kong and Beijing offices, and spent time at Heathrow on secondment to airports operator BAA.
Richard has recently advised:
- ArcLight Capital Partners, including on the disposals of North Sea Midstream Partners and Bizkaia Energia.
- Berry Global, including on its recommended takeover of London-listed RPC Group plc.
- BP plc, including on its acquisition of BHP Billiton’s onshore US shale assets.
- Debenhams (formerly listed in London), including on its financial restructuring and sale of IP to boohoo.
- DP World (listed in Dubai) in relation to the recommended offer from its controlling shareholder Port & Free Zone World FZE.
- Esken (listed in London), including in relation to transactions involving London Southend Airport, Stobart Air and Carlisle Lake District Airport.
- Ferrovial, including on the disposal of two stakes in London Heathrow airport, the disposal of London Stansted airport and the disposal of London Gatwick airport.
- Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, including on its takeover of London-listed KCOM Group plc.
- Michelin, including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Fenner plc.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board, including in relation to transactions involving Brussels airport, Copenhagen airport and Societa Gasdotti Italia.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board, including on transactions involving Alpha Trains and Forth Ports.
- Saputo Inc., including on its recommended takeover of London-listed Dairy Crest Group plc.
- King’s College, London (bachelors degree in law, first class honours)
- Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford (masters degree in law)
- England and Wales (2011)
- Hong Kong (2017)
London EC2P 2SR
T +44 207 427 3944
F +44 20 7832 7001