About Dr. Christian Joellinger
Christian specialises in debt financing transactions and structured financings.
He also covers insolvency law and capital markets, securities, insurance, and banking and finance regulation.
A six-month secondment to Credit Suisse's fixed-income division in London means that Christian understands the needs and workings of large financial institutions. He is also comfortable working on complex and high-profile transactions across a range of industries.
Christian speaks German and English.
- Advising a major European banking group on the cross-border migration of a collateralised and hedged €6bn loan portfolio covering 22 jurisdictions in the context of the reorganisation of the group.
- Advising the Austrian banking and leasing industry on true-sale and synthetic securitisations of lease and loan receivables.
- Advising the Austrian banking industry on a broad range of regulatory matters, including own funds, large exposures, remuneration and covered bonds regulation.
- Advising the Austrian leasing industry on the refinancing of public sector lease structures.
- University of Vienna, Austria (PhD, including a thesis on takeover regulation)
- University of Edinburgh, UK (LLM in commercial law)
- Rechtsanwalt, Austria
- Assistant professor at the University of Vienna (2008 and 2010)
- Postgraduate researcher at the Austrian Society for Banking Research and the European Centre for Tort and Insurance Law (2008-09)