Rohan is an associate in our global transactions practice group and advises on commercial, intellectual property, technology and data protection matters.
Rohan advises corporates and private equity sponsors on a broad range of transactions including acquisitions, disposals, carve-outs, joint ventures, mergers, licensing deals, outsourcing agreements and other complex commercial arrangements.
During his time at Freshfields, Rohan has been seconded to our New York office.
He has also recently developed our sports industry webpage.back to tab navigation
Sports and media
- Advising DAZN Group, a leading sports on-demand and live streaming business, on various matters including the carveout and sale of a majority stake of its European football portals business to TPG Capital.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its investments in Premiership Rugby and PRO14 Rugby.
- Advising a leading international sports broadcaster on its position opposite every major sports rightsholder worldwide following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a stake in Webpros, a leading provider of web hosting automation software, from Oakley Capital and other investors.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its investment in Acronis, a global cyber protection, backup and disaster recovery provider.
- Advising Pocket Angel, a not-for-profit organisation that uses digital platforms to address homelessness in an increasingly cashless society, on the launch of its website and mobile application.
- Advising a prominent European venture capital firm on its acquisition of a stake in a US-based mobile application business for travel planning and flight tracking.
- Advising Smiths Medical on its negotiations with the UK Government and creation of a consortium of blue-chip British medical, engineering and technology companies in connection with the emergency ramp-up, manufacture and supply of ventilators during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advising Thermo Fisher on its acquisition of Henogen, a viral vector business that offers contract manufacturing for vaccines and gene therapies, from Novasep.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its acquisition of a stake in Rayner, a global ophthalmology business, from Phoenix Equity Partners.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on its investments in System C and its partner company Graphnet Health, both providers of software solutions for hospitals, social care, immunisation management and population health.
Retail and consumer
- Advising SSE on the sale of its domestic retail energy business to, and associated brand sharing arrangements with, OVO Energy.
- Advising Fuller, Smith & Turner on the sale of its brewery and beer brands business to, and associated beverage supply arrangements with, Asahi Europe.
- Advising Patrizia on its acquisition of BrickVest, a digital proptech investment platform.
- Advising ReAssure on its acquisition of the heritage insurance and pensions business of Quilter.
- Advising AIG Life on its acquisition of Ellipse, a specialist group life, critical illness and income protection provider, from Munich Re.
Industrials and business services
- Advising Lloyd's Register Group on the carveout and sale of its business assurance, inspection and cybersecurity services businesses to Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- Advising Etex on the carveout and sale of Marley, a roofing tiles and components business, to Inflexion Private Equity Partners.
- Advising Alpek, a leading Mexican petro-chemical company, on its acquisition of Lotte Chemical UK from Lotte Chemical Corporation.
- IP Transactions, University College London
- LPC, BPP University Law School
- LLB, University of Sussex
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Society of Computers and Law